Methadone is a part of a category called an Opioid that is legally available for pain relievers. It is widely-used painkiller which is intended to be prescribed primarily for severe chronic pain, such as terminal cancer. Methadone pills were sold under the brand name Dolophine and also, sometimes called a narcotic.
People addicted to heroin or other narcotic drugs, Methadone pills reduce withdrawal symptoms without causing the “high” associated with the drug addiction.
It was developed by German doctors in 1937 during the World War II as a narcotic painkiller. After ten years it was introduced in the United States and used to treat people with extreme pain. Today, doctors may use these medications as part of treatment for an addiction to heroin or narcotic painkillers.Also, this is a part of drug addiction detoxification and maintenance programs. Therefore this medicine available only from a certified pharmacy.
Some benefits of methadone include:
- Feelings of warmth, relaxation, and detachment.
- Reducing physical and psychological pain.
- Used to relieve severe pain
- Reduction of anxiety.
- Helps to prevent withdrawal symptoms caused by stopping other opioids.
What Does Methadone Pills Do?
- Doctor prescribe methadone pills if you’re in a lot of pain from an injury, surgery, or chronic illness.
- When you take methadone pills it changes the way your brain and nervous system response to pain so that our body feel relief.
- The effects of Methadone pills is slower than other painkillers like Morphine.
- It can help the treatment of addiction to other opioids.
- It is also known as replacement therapy and it replaces the opiates in your system with milder effects.
Available Methadone Dosage & Forms
Methadone forms come as:
- a tablet and dispersible tablet,
- a liquid and a concentrated solution,
- an injection.
The dose of Methadone may range from 2.5 milligrams (mg) to 120 mg daily, depending on your condition. Usually, adult Dose comes for Pain, Opiate Withdrawal, and Chronic Pain.
The dose of Pain:
Initial dose: 2.5 mg to 10 mg for every 8 to 12 hours.
The dose for Opiate Withdrawal:
Initial dose: 20 to 30 mg orally; an additional 5 to 10 mg after 2 to 4 hours if withdrawal symptoms reappear.
Maximum initial dose: 30 mg
Maximum day 1 dose: 40 mg
The dose of Chronic Pain:
Initial dose: 2.5 mg orally every 8 to 12 hours
Maximum Starting Dose: 20 mg per day
Some important points while taking Methadone
- Should not use this medicine if you are an allergy or if you have severe asthma or breathing problem.
- If you take other medicine with methadone this may cause a serious effect then be sure our doctor knows if you take some medicine.
- Make sure this medicine is safe for you to tell your doctor about our medical history if you have ever had like heart problems.
- People having asthma or breathing problems, or a blockage in their stomach or intestines should not use methadone pills.
- Do not drink Alcohol while using these pills this may make you dizzy or drowsy.
- If you are pregnant and you use methadone medicine than your baby could become dependent on the drug.
- 65 or above people may be more sensitive to the effects of Methadone pills, especially confusion, dizziness, slow breathing and drowsiness.
Where You Can Find to Buy
If you are looking to buy Methadone pills online then our online pharmacy ShopMediOnline is the place for you to purchase legally at best price. Our online pharmacy deals with a various range of medicines and you can buy various pain relief medicines online. Here our efforts work toward providing a reliable health care service to our customer. Therefore you can simply order this medicine by visiting our website.